Donuts are great! But you can’t really survive on just donuts, at least not without affecting your health. “Donut” marketing plans are the same way. They’ve got all the hype and sugary goodness of a donut, but may lack the strategy (the juicy center) that will inspire customers to pick you over the other pastries in their box. In this episode, we talk about ways to turn your marketing plan into more than just another “donut.”
It’s All About The Recipe
Does your plan lack substance? Is it really just a me-too plan with color sprinkles that match your corporate color palette? Did your exciting new tactic fall flat? What a good marketing plan really comes down to is finding the right recipe. So, grab a cruller and your favorite cup of coffee and join us as we share our recipe for baking up a better marketing plan.
Stuff We Mentioned
- SWOT analysis
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Simon Sinek’s START WITH WHY
- Simon Sinek’s Start with Why TEDtalk
- FIND YOUR WHY (book) by Simon Sinek
- Outback Steakhouse app
- Make your very own pepper donuts
- They do exist! chili cheese donuts
- Paula Deen’s Krispy Kreme Donut Burger
- Donut Pool Floatie
- ApPeel Journal. They’re made from apples and smell like them too!
- THE BEASTLY BONES (a Jackaby Novel) by William Ritter. Number 2 in the series. Cat eating shapeshifters are on the loose in New Fiddleham, New England (and other fun stuff).
Jakeeno the dog, a.k.a. the Bismarck donut hater